Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween Hilarity

Last nite was the annual preschool/church Halloween Carnival. Yes, I said Halloween and church in the same sentence. Our preschool/church actually celebrates Halloween, which is one of the reasons we chose it. I know you are thinking that when looking for your preschool you were considering instruction, creative play, and pedagogy. Not me, I just wanted to know they would have a great Halloween Party, and they do.

They have a haunted house in the church basement, ran by the church teenagers. Oscar really wanted to go. Felix not so much. Oscar begged and pleaded. I was hesitant after I heard that a group of his classmates didn't make it all the way down the stairs before they came crying back. Every time I tried to dissuade him he would say, "I am the Hulk I have big big muscles." I was worried if I let him go through the Haunted House and he got scared, that he might be scarred for life, or if he liked it and become a serial killer.

After, much discussion he managed to talk his buddy into going with him (no amount talking would convince Felix). So, down he went. At one point, his buddy started to get scared, but he looked over at Oscar and he was growling at the monsters. He kept telling them that "I am the hulk. I am mean. "followed by his growl. When we got out, he told me that he scared all those big kids. The teenagers couldn't hardly keep a straight face at the three year old that was growling at them. Maybe they are teaching reverse psychology at preschool?

No comments:

Post a Comment