Sunday, November 1, 2009

Facebook Oddities

So, a couple of weeks ago, I got a friend request from a girl who made out with my boyfriend in High School. I thought this was odd since when he didn't break up with me, she then preceded to let he air out of my tires at my work. Nice, huh. For my part, I was sorta vindictive and mean. I made him tell her off, while I listened, and then I broke up with him.

Anywhoo, needless to say the befriending caught me off guard. I had not thought about this girl in at least 15 years, so I was interested to see why she had befriended me. She hasn't contacted me on facebook, but perhaps I can take all the farm animal gifts she keeps trying to send as a peace offering.

Strangely enough, a week goes by, and the ex-boyfriend sends a friend request. Curiosity killed the Cat and I accepted his "friendship". He looks basically the same, but with short hair. He plays in some garage band, and his profile pic has him holding a can of beer. I guess that cliche the more things change the more they stay the same, might be true here.I thought maybe I would get an apology. Like, hey sorry I was such a jacka**. Glad your doing well. Nah, I got nothing.

So, later that week I see someone was friends with this girl that I took Driver's Ed with. I wasn't particular nice to this person, and sometimes kinda mean. If Karma is any indicator, I got a D in Driver's Ed, and I am a terrible Driver. So, I wrote her an apology letter, because that is what I would have liked to have gotten from those other people, and more importantly that was what she deserved. The subject line was Better Late than Never.

"Thanks for accepting my friend request. I wanted to drop you a note to tell you I am sorry for some of the jokes I made in High School. It was mean and inconsiderate. I am embarrassed at how I acted at 15. I got a D in Drivers Ed, and I am still a bad driver to this day, so hopefully I got what I deserved ;). You look happy in your photos and I wish you well. Sincerely, Seis

Making amends (even 20 years later) feels nice.

1 comment:

  1. This is what I like most about you Seis. You always do the right thing. Did you ever get a response?

    I sent a friend request to my high school boyfriend and he ignored it and my thought was, "You're STILL mad?" I must have really done some damage.

    ReplyDelete