Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Drive Thru Recession

So, today was really hard. I found out that my work will not give me health insurance, and we will have to COBRA hubby's. I cried when the HR lady called me on the phone. She was so nice, and I started to feel sorry for her. What a bad job it must be to fire people and tell them that you can't give their family health insurance.

Well, I decided to move on with my day and get hubby prepared for the job search. I went to the cleaners and while in line, I overheard a woman ranting from her Lexus. She was going on and on about how the recession was just media hype. All I could do is laugh like a crazy maniacal serial killer. I swear sometimes all you can do is laugh.

Later at Casa de Crisis, our friend Wes arrived just as we were going through Hubby's severance package. He commented on the bad timing, but then retorted, "Hell, if I get fired at least five times a year. You only get fired once every five years. I think you will make it."

He goes on to tell us how he had no power for a week, because he couldn't pay the bill. That he was on the phone with his baby mama, and could hear his son begging to go to daddy's house.

After, about the third request his Baby Mama curly replied, "Your Daddy ain't got no power." He said how white trash he felt. Knowing Wes the story was embellished for my benefit, and I thanked him it was very funny and really helped the situation.

He went on to complain that Cory wouldn't come over and visit him while he was without power. Without missing a beat, Hubby says " I drove by but I didn't see any lights so I thought no one was home." We were rolling in laughter and my day was instantly better. Funny friends are priceless.

What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul. ~Yiddish Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment