Saturday, May 16, 2009

Slow and Steady Seis wins the Race

OK. I didn't actually win but I did finish. Today, my friends Queen B, K-Mom, and I ran a 5k. It was the first race for K-Mom and I, but Queen B was an old pro and was so sweet and reassuring. The race was the annual zoo run, and it was so much fun. I was actually scared and a little dare I say, pessimistic about before I ran. We all did better than we expected, and were so elated to have accomplished our goal. We met up for lunch with a few more friends and celebrated our personal victories.

If you like to people watch, the race is great showcase. There was a guy who ran the whole thing barefoot. Two girls who dressed up as the Turtle and the Hare, and the turtle actually beat the hare. A little boy about seven, who smoked us in the 5 k that looked like a little greek god with his blond pony tail, and everyone in between.

They were handing out medals for the kids race, and I was so jealous that I talked the teen handing them out to give me three for us. I really felt like we deserved more than a T-shirt. I wore the medal to lunch.

I mean really doesn't life need more flare?

"Great is victory, but the friendship of all is greater."____Emil Zatopek

1 comment:

  1. i am so glad you are back and blogging. even more that i call you a friend. congrats again, ladies. ya'll are awesome!

    ReplyDelete