Thursday, May 21, 2009

School's Out For Summer

Today is my first day of Summer Break. Anyone, who knows me knows that I won't be on the computer for most of the summer, so it is best to text or phone me. We are as we speak, headed to Asheville, NC. We are trying to look at this time together as a precious gift, and truly make the most of being unencumbered by the constraints of work and school.

We are going to visit friends and play in the fresh air. The boys are excited to see the mountains, and our friends are delighted to see how they have grown. It will be good for my soul. I often have to block out the mountains calling me home.

Maybe it is time I started to Listen.

“When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.” - Ella Wheeler Willcox

No comments:

Post a Comment