Monday, May 18, 2009

Life's Little Ironies

So, last fall I placed 150 pages on why I should be promoted into a packet to be reviewed by basically everyone else I worked with. This in itself is kinda an odd peculiarity of academia. Nonetheless, I sent it in and waited. and I waited..and I waited. The last faculty meeting rolled around where they announce the promotions and nothing was announced. Not mine or any of the others. I took this as an ominous sign.

However, Monday rolled around and as I was deleting my weekend junk mail there was a message from the provost announcing my promotion. I am now Associate Professor. When I called Hubby to tell him. He simply replied "What were you before?" Nothing like family to keep you humble. Well, exactly one week after hubby gets canned, I get promoted.

"Life's a roller coaster might as well throw your hands up and enjoy the ride." - Seis

No comments:

Post a Comment