Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happiness is ... Friendship

When I was a little girl, I had this Peanuts book that was called Happiness is... On every page was a simple statement of what happiness is. It is part of a the Charles Schulz Happiness Treasury. If ever I am in the mood to blow money again, perhaps I will purchase it on Ebay. This image is it's most popular pop icon:

When i was a girl, I loved to read the books over and over again. There was a Love book, a Happiness book, a Christmas book and a Friends book. I thought about it today and wondered what I might write as an adult.

  • Friendship is knowing that someone "gets you" and appreciates your peculiarities.
  • Friendship is telling the truth even when it isn't what they want to hear.
  • Friendship is not holding it against the person who told you their honest opinion.
  • Friendship is not being judged for your mistakes, but loved through them.
  • Friendship is offering your hand out to help the other person, even if your other hand is full.

Thanks to all my FRIENDS you truly make me Happy.

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss

3 comments:

  1. oh, stace. i love you so much. and your friendship even more. good post, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. luvin you over here as well. well said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book and love it too!!!

    ReplyDelete