Sunday, September 27, 2009

Supportive or Stupid...

It is a fine line. You decide. Today I came back from the park with the kids to see a bloody trail leading to the master bath. Some people would worry about a serial killer hiding in the house to pounce, but not me. I already knew what awaited me. There was chato covered in blood trying to stop the bleeding from the half dollar sized hole in his elbow.

The same elbow you will remember that had a smaller but significant hole in it 2 months ago, and 2 months before that had staph from an even worse bike accident. I had asked him to wear elbow pads after the second accident. When I questioned him about his promise, he explained that he hadn't planned to fall. Much like the gambling addict that spends your savings, because he doesn't plan to lose.

Most people, tell me to make him quit that he is too old for these shenanigans. However, this is the man I married. I am not sure if it is right to try and change him. To make matters worst, this was incorporated into our wedding vows. We promised to support each other in recreation. When you meet kayaking this seems like an important commitment.

I made him go get the stitches and x-rays and they cut away a bunch of dead flesh they were afraid would rot. The x-ray showed gravel the ER doctor could not remove. So he is off to an Orthopedic Surgeon tomorrow to see if he needs to have it removed. He made me promise not to tell the Dr. he was going about 30 mph when he fell. He told him he was just skating. He thinks I was being a nervous Nelly and a drama queen. I really want him around for a long time, and I am done having kids so I don't want to change any more diapers either. Where is Anne Landers or K-Mom when you need them?

1 comment: